Do you have property that you would like to sell? Are you looking for a strategy to reduce your income taxes? A bargain sale might be the right strategy for you.
How a Bargain Sale Works
- You sell Shell Point Retirement Community your property for a price less than fair market value.
- You receive the cash from the sale and a charitable deduction for your gift to Shell Point Retirement Community (the difference between the market value and purchase price).
- While you may owe some tax on the amount you receive from Shell Point Retirement Community, the charitable deduction from your gift could offset your taxes this year.
Benefits of a Bargain Sale
If you are considering selling your property, a bargain sale will help you meet all of your goals.
- Avoid capital gains tax on your charitable gift.
- The deduction from your gift will give you valuable tax savings that may reduce your tax bill this year.
- With the cash received from the sale, you may then reinvest to create more income for your future.
- Best of all, your gift will help Shell Point Retirement Community further their work.
If you have any questions about a bargain sale, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.